Holidays around the World
This packet of Holidays Around the World can be used as an addition to an existing unit or simply by itself.
This resource is a PDF file. Inside you will find:
- A cover for a folder or booklet if you choose to use this in that way.
- A summary sheet written in easier language about the following holidays: Christmas. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, St. Lucia Day, La Befana, Diwali and Las Posadas and a craft idea for each holiday.
- Writing response sheets for each holiday.
- A passport and information sheets that can be used.
- A response writing activity for children to choose a holiday that they don’t celebrate that might be fun for them.
- A Compare and Contrast partner activity to chat about how they are alike and different in how they celebrate a holiday here in the US.
- A newly added Power Point Companion to support the pages.
How it works
You can choose pages or work on one page a day teaching about each holiday as you go. We usually do these as rotations between our floor partners. Each teachers chooses a holiday for the kiddos to learn about and adds a read aloud and maybe a few other details and for one entire day or an afternoon children rotate from room to room learning about all the holidays included in this packet and more. There is a craft idea for each celebration.
About Sunshine and Lollipops
Kathy is a retired 1st and 2nd grade looping teacher, who taught full time and part time in her hometown of Springfield, PA for 30+ years. She is wife, mom of three grown children and as of today a Mimi of three with one on the way. Kathy volunteers in her daughter’s Kindergarten Special Education classroom weekly. She loves to create resources, write (blog) and has an obsession for shoes and chocolate.
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this brings a bit of sunshine your way! I appreciate customer feedback and comments.